Happiness!

Happiness!

Today I saw one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen.

Now bear in mind, I have seen some beautiful things: I've stood on a cliff overlooking the source of the Nile River. I've looked out over the Grand Canyon. I've counted stars from the crater of an African volcano. I've seen a field of Lazy Susans stretch completely out of sight. I've walked through the bazaars of Zanzibar, swam with a shark in the Bahamas, journeyed through the painted desert, and spent whole days on Safari in Tanzania. I've seen the dawn break over Jerusalem and watched the sun set from the beach in Hawaii. I've visited caves and cathedrals, modest homes and ruined castles, and people young and old simply enjoying life together. I've seen romance, patriotism, travel, and entertainment at its best.  I've seen the light of salvation light up the eyes of a child. I have some idea of what beauty looks like in many of its various forms. (I probably never realized how many beautiful things I've been blessed to be part of before now.)

But, what I saw today was one of the most powerful moments I've ever been privileged to witness. I saw victory overcome darkness. I saw a woman rewarded for her faithfulness to God despite years of struggle and dozens of reasons for doubting Him. I saw a mother hold her child for the very first time after watching her struggle and grow and fight back death and illness for 18 days. I saw my wife and my daughter, and I saw them at peace with God and the world as they rested in each others arms.

Today I saw Olivia hold Micah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!