Halloween Is Coming. Are You Ready?



There are some evils we choose, and there are some that sneak into our life because we get lazy, compromise, grow up with them, feel compelled by culture, or don't see life from God's point of view. 'Obviously' we should avoid the... well, 'obvious' ones such as adultery, gluttony, pride, living a homosexual lifestyle, and throwing a tire-iron at the lady who cut you off in traffic this morning. These are a no brainer. I'm not saying they are easy choices for everyone all the time (that car-lady lives in my town too!), just obvious ones. But, not all evils are obvious.
.
.
I've been asked to preach on October 31st. I'm praying about what to bring, and God has been bringing the idea of evil (guilt), mercy, and reformation. For those who don't know, this date is not only Halloween, but Reformation Day, the anniversary of the day Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the door of the church in Wittenberg, calling for the Catholic Church to reform its evil practices. I've been reminded of the story where the ten lepers cry out to the Lord, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us." First, the turn to him as Master, a recognition of the fact that he wasn't their Master before. Then, they plead for Mercy. Finally, they walk away changed.
.
.
When I was growing up, we celebrated Halloween, and no one in my family thought anything about it. Then, I learned its origins and was horrified by what I found out. Last year, I wrote about a dream I had related to Halloween. I encourage you to read A Message From A Dream. This year, I want to challenge you to not only find out about the origins of this satanic holiday (holy-day), but to do something about it. Pray about what this might be, and ask the Lord Jesus to protect you from compromise.
.
.
Don't let evil sneak into your life, or into the lives of those entrusted to you, without a fight. Choose Jesus as your Master, ask for forgiveness, and live a changed life.
.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you, this is a wonderful post!

I hope you will come see my new blog, it is a Christian blog and lets people see on how I have returned to my one and only Savior . . . Jesus Christ!

God bless!!!
Andrew said…
have you also researched the origins of Christmas? If yes, then I presume you and your family do not celebrate that holiday either. If no, then I would encourage you to do so.

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!