"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations." ~ Jeremiah 1:5

Olivia is part of a group called, NOW I LAY ME DOWN TO SLEEP, which photographs the much too short lives of so many of our children. Their photos say what the children cannot. Their photos say, "I was here." Their photos say, "Remember me." Please visit her page, read her blog, and watch the video from the Today Show. {http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/23481435#23481435}

Today, I want to talk about a related issue. The children Olivia and other photographers help their families remember and mourn are lost shortly after birth, or die before birth happens. They are the innocent dead. Truly, they are not intentional victims of any wrong doing. Others are not so lucky.

In America, we intentionally abort one out of three pregnancies (1.5 million children a year). 95% of those abortions are used as a means of birth control. 700,000 of these abortions annually are performed after the 9th week, when the baby is able to feel pain. In our sexually promiscuous society, most women who have abortions are unmarried and under the age of 25 years old. Abortion is one of the most common surgical procedures in the United States.

Please don't hear an attack against any person in what I say here. I'm not about condemning people who have believed the lie of abortion. {There is hope, healing and grace available for you!} I'm about taking a stand for truth.

Abortion is a lie. Abortion is wrong. Abortion is unacceptable. I was born after Roe v. Wade. I'm a survivor. I'm the voice of the friends, classmates, and teammates I never got to meet. These 40,000,000 Americans don't have photos. All they have is me, all they have is you, reminding the world, "They were here."

Comments

Olivia said…
Your support towards me will never cease to bring me joy. Natalie is waiting in heaven for us! ISn't that a great thing to know? I am so thankful for Jesus and His love for us, that we would join Him and all believers in a place with no more pain. Love you.

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!