Have We Learned Anything?

I love Israel. I have for years... decades actually. I have friends who live and work there. I believe those who bless Israel will be blessed and those who curse Issael will be cursed. I believe in their right to exist and that God still has a special place for them in His plan because of His faithfulness. In fact, His faithfulness to me as a Christian would be in doubt if He decided that Israel no longer mattered.

Genesis 15 tells us clearly that the whole burden of God’s covenant lies upon God Himself. Moreover, the pledge that he makes there (that the failure of the Covenant calls for the death of God) is a picture of the Crucifixion of Jesus. That covenant does fail, multiple times, because God’s covenant people are a mess. In fact, they are still a mess. They provide free abortions for female soldiers, they empower idolatry in the practice of Hasidic Judaism, and they generally exclude non-Jews from membership in their community.

Remember, I am saying all this as someone who loves Israel. However, I love Israel because God loves Israel and because Jesus declared that there would be a day when they would recognize Him and declare, “Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!” Israel isn’t perfect and I don’t think American Christians should idolize the nation of God’s covenant people, as some here do. The idea of “Israel, right or wrong!” is wrong.

Modern Israel can be great, but they have still missed their calling. Watch the following video and consider the ministry of Jesus and the Appsyles. See if you can figure out how Israel still misses the point.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!