Pundits and Prayer Warriors

Today, Olivia got to hold Micah for over two hours. It was so natural, so real and beautiful. As I watched her embrace Micah for only the 3rd time (on this her 1 month anniversary), I was reminded of how fortunate I am to be able to spend this time here. Sure, Olivia has told me again and again that she wouldn't physically be able to do this without me, and I know it's true. But, a lot of people aren't so fortunate, and few understand. We believe that God has called us to walk this road with Micah Ahava together, and God is proving faithful as we answer His calling. I could make a list of reasons for this choice, but the first and foremost is: "Jesus said to stay."

The phrase that came to mind as I sat there praising God and watching my wife and daughter today (ok, and taking some pictures as well) there was "pundits and prayer warriors." We have support. We are being encouraged. We are being fought for. I know that, but I wasn't sure what the phrase was supposed to mean, so I've been trying to figure it out.

A Pundit (or Pundant, as I've learned it is often incorrectly pronounced) is an expert, a person who gives authoritative opinions; a learned person, analyst, or authority; a scholar, commentator, or judge; a sage or guru; a learned source of opinion.

A Prayer Warrior is a vigilant intercessor, a representative between man and God; a spokesperson, ambassador, or witness; a tireless pleader of another's cause; a voice for those who voice is silenced or needs amplification.

We have been gifted with both. So many of you have been faithful to pray for us. You have not criticized our choices. You have not asked us to give you details we don't have or understand. You, like we, are walking this road in faith. You support us with your prayers, with grace, and patience. You have not ceased to remember us to God. You are our Prayer Warriors. We could not do this without you. You are our banner and our trumpet call for the Lord's aid.

However, today I was impressed by how many of you have also been our Pundits. In addition to representing us to the Lord, you have been His messengers back to us. You have encouraged us, shared words of knowledge and hope, and confirmed (often without knowing it) things that the Lord has already been leading us in. (My being here instead of in Abilene is one example.) You have been our expert Spirit-listeners. I have come to see that we cannot do this without you as well. You are God's hedge about us against doubt, fear, and second-guessing.

And so, to both pundits and prayer warriors: Thank you.

Comments

Edmond Carson said…
Love the updates. So happy for you both. I'm following Micah's progress from Chennai, India and looking forward to seeing her in person when you guys get back to Abilene.
Joan Dean said…
I love the photos! Micah is so sweet,so beautiful. Thank you, Jesus for her life.

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!