Songs, etc.

For the good that makes life joyful,
And the hard things that make us strong.
We praise you in good and bad things
As you carry us along.

Some of you may remember when I asked you to pray for Micah in song several weeks ago. In the moments when I am alone with her (comforting her, holding her pacifier, etc.) I continue to do this. Olivia does as well. Sometimes I sing songs by other people, but there are other times (maybe even the majority) when I am singing new prayers (complete with a chorus). What I wrote above is the chorus for a song I was singing over Micah less than an hour before I started this post. I could "improve" it, I suppose, but this is what the Spirit gave me to sing, and I like it.

The verses were about how God created everything, put us into the middle of the everything, and then told us to enjoy anything (almost). But, we fell and broke God's heart. Then, he sent Jesus to restore us to Himself, and He also gives us everything good and bad in life. Now, He wants us to know Him as Lord, Savior, and Friend. (Yes, all capitalized!) He is all things for us at all times, no matter what is going on in our lives. It's like Job said, "Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?” (Job 2:10)

This time is a sort of trial or test, but it is the best kind of trial or test. It is in God's control, in His good hand, and before His holy throne. For Olivia and myslef, it is not about the actual circumstances of being here with Micah; it is about remaining faithful to the Lord no matter what. For us, it is not just a regular final or pass/fail examination. It is more like an evaluation, an exploration of who we are right now on our journey to becoming more like Jesus.

For Micah, the trial is simpler: life and death, black and white. We once had trials like that, too. Sometimes, we still do. But the longer we walk with the Lord, the less often the test is about "the test" and the more frequently  it becomes about "the tested." In both cases, I believe God wants us to become stronger, which sounds strange since I know that the key to real strength is to humble myself before the Lord in the weakness of my flesh.

Our daughter continues to amaze me. Tonight's nurse (a believer) even exclaimed "She's strong!" because of something our little girl did when she unwrapped Micah to check her out. Maybe she knows the truth of what she said; perhaps not. But, I do. Micah is strong. Her spirit already knows something of the plan God has for her life. Remember, as her earthly daddy, I am content for her to simply "be", but her heavenly Father has already spoken greater things than that over her life.

Micah now weighs over two pounds! I can hardly believe it. Olivia got to hold her yesterday after several days of not even touching (because of another situation in the room but very difficult for us) and she said she could actually feel the difference in her size and weight. If all goes well, I should be able to hold her tomorrow. She kicks. She squirms. She likes playing with her tongue and having her brow stroked. Sometimes she even sqeaks around her oxygen tube! She opens her eyes, and has even begun to visibly shift her attention to different colored clothes or back and forth from our faces. She recognizes our voices and doesn't like it when we leave her bedside. She is so easy to fall in love with! In the midst of the daily trama of her machines and being generally unprepared for "the outside world" Micah is learning. Hopefully, so are we.

I found my thumb!

So sweet...

These are MY girls.
Thank you, Jesus!

Papa made this hat!
Doesn't it make me look cute?

You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
God loves you. For you His only Son He gave.
Peace. Peace. God's Peace.
The peace of the Lord over Micah.



p.s. Micah will be chosing the winner of her Caption Contest on Monday, her 6 week birthday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!