Walk by His Voice

Light ran ahead of me as I walked through the door.
Why was it behind me and not a guide before?
I turned around, repentant, and rewalked the road,
Thinking I was now doing as I had been told.

But, now I was light-blind, I could not see my step,
And stumbling I stopped still, halted; stumbling I wept.
I waited, and waited, until His voice I heard
Like a whisper, a breathe, hardly even a word:
"Walk. Follow with your ears, not your eyes," He began.
So I followed His voice, not my sight, and I ran.

Sometimes light, before me, guided me on my way.
Sometimes light, from behind, pushed back darkness with day.
He was a lover, a refuge drawing me in.
Sometimes He was warrior, and I served as His friend.

Light behind, we both fought; Light before, we had rest.
His voice, not my sight, was the true guide to His best.

Comments

Olivia said…
WOW-WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! This is so beautiful. I can't even believe you wrote this. It shows a beauty and describes it so clearly.

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!