Before Heaven Comes Down

A few days ago I had a dream. I was observing a church-based radio broadcast and call-in show with a guest speaker (not me). A young man named Chris was fielding phone calls on the air with questions about persecution and the end times, and how they relate (over against how many have been taught to think they relate). If you are a believer, I am sure you can sometimes feel the clock ticking as I can. He had an emotional moment in one call and suddenly handed the headset and mic to me. Praying even as I took it, I preached without notes from Matthew 24, Daniel, and Revelation for about 15 minutes. One phrase the Lord gave me as I preached summed it up as far as End Time Persecution:

Before heaven comes down to earth, earth will be more like hell than it has ever been before.

That isn't an overstatement, but it isn't meant to panic anyone either. It is just what it is going to be like. The world is dividing light and dark. Some of us (in spite of our own evil hearts) have been chosen by God and have answered the call to switch to the Lord's side. We are, but for the grace of God, are just like the others: objects of wrath. Now, we have been made secure in the Love of God, and no matter what happens Christ has overcome the world. As for those stuck on the other side? There will be a day when it is too late for them. But, that day is not today. Today, they can be saved. Will you warn them? Will you tell them of God's coming judgment and of His love? You won't be doing them any favors as far as worldly persecution, but you will make an eternal difference. Heaven is coming; are your friends, family, co-workers... are they ready.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!