Back to School; Forward to Adventure!

.
I am beginning a new chapter in life in two weeks: I am going back to school. Ok, so I guess I've already begun. (There is a lot of reading and writing to do before I get there.)

GGBTS logo 

I am starting at Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary in the Master of Theology program, an advanced degree with a 90-hour-Masters as its pre-requisite! The goal is to matriculate to the PhD program next year, so I am taking a couple of doctoral level classes and trying to remember my Hebrew. I will be travelling to California for classes each month until I find a job on the West Coast. Olivia and I are excited (and nervous) about the change, but we need to make it. She will be going with me this trip, because we have an interview with a church on the Sunday before classes start. Once I do find employment, we will be finishing our home improvements here, selling our house, and hauling ourselves across the West.

So, why would we do this, you ask? Well, because we believe God has spoken to us, and we want to follow. It makes sense to us for other reasons as well. The area is better for Olivia's health. There is no job future for us here. It has more trees. Gracey has never been there, and it has lots of new smells for her. It's a new start. There's lots of culture (Lotus Puffs, yum!). It gives us an excuse to throw old stuff away. It isn't as hot as Texas. There are more trees there. We'll be able to walk on the ocean. Inspired by Grace will do great there. It has mountains. Again, trees. And, THERE ARE TONS OF PEOPLE THERE WHO DON'T KNOW JESUS!

Keep those prayers coming.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!