1 week down...

.
First, thank you for your prayers as Olivia and I travelled to California for my first week of school and as Olivia travelled back by herself after the weekend. (Brave Girl!) The week went well, and I think I'm getting back into the swing of graduate studies. These studies are, of course, beyond anything I have ever done, but I am excited about them.

Now, I need a different kind of prayer. I want to learn. I want to soak up the material, engage it, and be able to speak cogently (isn't that a fun word?) as I engage the theological community in defense of the truth of the Word of God and the reality of the Lordship of Jesus Christ. I want to engage the Bible and these studies thoughtfully as I follow the Lord down this path, but I don't want to loose the ability to communicate effectively with 'regular' people.

I want to be a good student, a good academic; but I also need to be a good husband and leader for our family, and effective minister (more on that in the future), and someday a good father. I want to know more about God's Word, but I want to know God more deeply even more than this. His mysteries are beautiful and beyond our abilities to comprehend. I want to grow in my life's worship (SPIRIT and TRUTH).

I pray also for you: that you may grow in your worship of God, that you may know Jesus more deeply, and that you might walk closely on the road He has placed you on as you walk with Him. God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!