Home Again

These past several days, we were afforded the opportunity to get out of town and spend some time with some friends in another part of the country. It was a special treat, a chance to rest and be loved on, and a wonderful glimpse into their lives. These friends truly love us more than I ever realized. God has given us a special place in their hearts, and we hid there for over a week. I am extremely thankful.

Their love and graciousness toward us was a daily reminder that God has not turned his face away from us. Our suffering has been real (and still is), but we have not suffered without His presence. I am convinced that our Lord weeps with us each time we weep, that He holds us each time we need to be held, and that He never tires of our weakness or requires us to "just move on". He forgives our humanity. He understands our frailty. He loves our son,... Josiah.

Josiah. "God Heals". Josiah, our fifth (at least) little God-worshipper. Josiah, who was prophesied for us, who was created by God in Olivia's womb, who was born only a month ago today, who I held in my hands, and whose burial God gave me strength to officiate. Josiah, whose beautiful little face I can still see. Josiah, who brings the sad smile of interrupted fatherhood to my lips. Josiah, who sits in the presence of Jesus and praises Him. Josiah, who waits for us in heaven. I am extremely thankful.

We are home again. Someday we will truly be home again.

Comments

Kara Chupp said…
His name is perfect.
"God heals"
We've walked that path as well...praying for God's healing in your lives.

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!