Heaven is for Real

.

It's been two weeks since Josiah was born. Someone suggested that while we no longer feel Josiah in our arms, we will always feel him in our hearts. I like this idea. It's sweet, and the image is good. But, it isn't what I feel. What I feel is the hot-cold sting of acid forming a hole in my chest where my son's face should be. That sounds rather dramatic, but that's what I feel.

However, what I know is much better than what I feel. What I know is that Josiah is with Jesus, along with his (at least) 4 brothers and sisters. What I know is that he is worshiping at the feet of the Father. What I know is that he knows who I am, and waits for me as only a loving son can. What I know is that God is good, and somehow, he is going to use this satanic attack on our family to reveal his love to us and advance his Kingdom. What I know is that satan hates us, because we believe in God. What I know is that I will continue to believe what I know over what I feel.

Some of these things I know from the Bible. Some I know from specific revelation given to trusted godly friends and family over the past two weeks. Some I know because God has revealled it to Olivia and to me directly. Most of it comes from more than one source.

My aunt Vicki is a woman who loves Jesus. She came to Josiah's funeral along with more than 5 dozen other people who love us. God led her to bring us a book, Heaven is for Real, by Todd Burpo, a small town pastor from Nebraska. Olivia and I both read the book and were encouraged by it. So, on this, Josiah's 2 week birthday, I wanted to recommend it to you. If you are a Believer, I hope it will encourage you in what you already know. If you are not a Believer, I pray it will cause you to ask the hard questions about your life, your death, and the meaning of both.
.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bryan - just came across your prayer request from the March Elder-led prayer sheet at The Village Church, Northway Campus. Your blog address was listed there so I also just found your post. I prayed for you and Olivia this afternoon with much assistance from the Holy Spirit and will continue to lift you both to Him in coming weeks as you grieve Josiah's homegoing. Joe Willoughby
Kristi said…
My mom just told me about this book and I told her to put me on the list to borrow it. I told her I would decide after reading it if I felt it would be beneficial to pass on to y'all! God is so good. I'm glad the Lord led your aunt to give it to you. I can't wait to read it.

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!