Fireproof

.
.

There are so many good things about this movie, which I believe contains Kirk Cameron's best performance as a actor. I definitely recommend it for any Christian adult, but especially if you are married. It's funny, dramatic, evangelistic, and sweet. The actors did a good job, but it's the character behind the movie that originally drew our attention. I'd recently seen Mr. Cameron working with The Way of the Master, an evangelistic ministry used by the witnessing ministry of our home church. It provides a simple approach to sharing the gospel "cold turkey". So, I knew he was not just some sort of casual Christian. However, when I heard that he would only do the kissing scene (there is one) if his real life bride, actress Chelsea Noble, filled in for Erin Bethea, who plays Catherine Holt, wife of Mr. Cameron's character Caleb. She did, but you won't notice. That was the selling point. You have to respect someone who takes his faith that seriously. I was surprised by how good the film turned out to be, and Olivia and I now own a copy of it. I particularly related to Caleb, as he struggles to define himself, control his anger, and learn to be a true husband to his wife through acts of love. There is actually a website devoted to helping marriages as a result of this movie. You may identify with other issues in Fireproof, but however it connects to you, I believe you'll be glad you checked it out.

Comments

Kristi said…
The people who made Fireproof are releasing a new movie in September. Here is the link: http://www.courageousthemovie.com/home

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!