A Stretch into Spring

Spring makes things feel new. The grass is shorn. People have come out of hiding. Short showers dust the parking lot with shoebox car-prints and the day is bright even though you can't see the sun. It's inspiring.

I joke with Olivia that I'm solar powered, but I really believe it's true. I've never lived anywhere with a real winter, but my visits have left me with numb fingers, cold toes, and a sense of gloom. I'm sure it's just adjustment, so perhaps we will get real winters someday. For now, I need the sun and I'm glad for Spring.

It reminds me of Easter, of life over death, and of hope. There are so many things I still don't know, so many I've yet to experience. They are still out there, waiting to be discovered. It's growth, learning, clensing, and the renewal of conviction for life.

Gone now, the hibernation of my spirit. Rise now, lion of Brigham. :-)
On second thought, maybe I would like real seasons?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!