Life on Hold?

It seems there is always something else waiting in the wings, like a main character who has yet to be introduced to the audience. There he is, ready to go, yet his cue has not come. His lines are memorized, his staging is marked out. All he waits on is the right moment.

Our life is ilke that sometimes. I have so many dreams and desires, but they always seem to be on hold, waiting their turn. I want a job that matters; it's on hold. I'd liek to get out of Abilene; nope. I'm waiting for our family; again, on hold. I need to see God's providence; it's right there waiting it's turn.

So, I'm trying to pay better attention to what's happening on stage. It doesn't seem very interesting or important. Sometimes, it's downright boring. However, I must remind myself that it matters, every bit of it. I may not know why. I may not be able to see through its ordinariness to understand how it plays a part. But, it is the NOW of which all of life is composed. It is the life I was waiting for in my yesterdays. And, in its own way, my Life Now is every bit as beautiful as the life waiting in the winds, my Life on Hold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!