What are you building?

I had a long weekend this weekend, and I put it to use. We have a secondary building behind our house, and we're trying to improve it. This was a big weekend, because it was the weekend for plumbing and electricity. I really like this sort of work, especially since I don't have to do it all the time. We are building an extra living space, and as I worked I listened to sermons by Don Finto, Asher Intrater, and Brian Wade. And, I was challenged as I worked to focus on God.

Normally, I think about the future a lot. I wonder where we'll live in a year. I think about my calling. I plan for tomorrow. I pray for Christ's return. But, this weekend I didn't think much about the years ahead. Rather, I enjoyed each day, knowing I was accomplishing my goals for the day, knowing my Olivia was loving and missing me as she visited with my mom at Possum Kingdom, and knowing that my Heavenly Father is at work even when I'm not worried about it.

Now, after the weekend, its time to clean up, and get ready for Jase and Olivia to come home. I'm excited to show her what was accomplished, even though most of it is now hidden by sheet rock and siding, and I'm ready to spend time with her before I get back into my regular schedule. And, as I think about tonight, I wonder (for a moment) how to pray for the future. More importantly, in light of what I've been learning, I wonder how I might live differently, in order to walk more deeply with the Lord Jesus.

Not just on weekends like this, not just in moments of quiet away from the regular schedule, but day after day, each day, what am I building?

Today, what are you building?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!