Sick


I've been sick. Currently, I'm not feeling well, but I was sick for weeks before I was ill. (Years if I'm metaphorically honest.)

I got sick when I had to take Elora back to Longview. I got sick when I got in my first disagreement with Olivia after our trip to MA. I got sick worrying about the future and doubting God (who, by the way, never gets sick of me). I got sick from working long hours, not being home to help Olivia with Jase, not working out, skipping meals, and trying to figure out finances and the improvements we're making on our home. I got sick from not reading the Bible enough, from giving up on prayer, worrying about the stress our life has brought to Olivia, dealing with Jase's family, and from feeling sorry for myself.

Finally, I got physically sick. I actually had to leave work and go to a Clinic. They tested me, hooked me up to an IV, and sent me home after three hours with a fistful of prescriptions and an order to stay home for a few days. (Flu, Bronchitis, Dehydration, Exhaustion...) So, now that I'm actually ill, I can't deny that I've been sick.

I'm glad I got sick. It hasn't been easy for Olivia, taking care of both Jase and I by herself, but in the long run, I think it's going to be good for me. I've been looking for promises in the Bible to claim for my life. Guess what? There are lots of them! Clips and Snips of Scripture given by God for sick people, just like me. So, now that I'm sick, I can start getting better.

But when Jesus heard, He said, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick." (Matthew 9:12)

Comments

Olivia said…
Being sick is so awful. I hate watching you suffer and feel so weak, but want to help and feel guilty you can't. But God gives us strength in each day to keep going. And He always tales the sin, the pain, the doubt, and the sad tears and creates a masterpiece when we are not looking.

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!