This is what it feels like to breath in and out, wake each morning, press forward and struggle on. I have never felt anything as difficult as I have since a month ago. I have never seen suffering like I saw in my own home when my daughter, whom we'd given our whole heart to, was taken from us. I will never forget the feeling of loving her (cutting her cord, touching her lips, hearing her squeak). I will always miss her. But... (how I hate the resignation and finality of that word sometimes), I know God isn't finished.

We have been given the Spirit of Adoption. God has adopted us. What greater ministry is there than to open our home and lives to those who have no parents, so they can know the love of our Heavenly Father. There is a growing conviction in my heart. It is beyond mere impulse or sentiment. Christians need to foster and to adopt. The world needs Christians to stand in the gap. The fatherless thousands need fathers. The motherless need a mother's love. This is religion that pleases God.

In light of what we have experienced and what we are learning in our training, I pose these two questions to those who follow Jesus.

1)- Ask yourself, could I be part of the solution? Can I foster? Could we adopt? (Finaces are not a valid excuse)

2)- Why don't I do it?

Comments

Candace J Banks said…
bryan,
i told olivia today (after we both squealed and giggled and spoke a thousand words a minute) that i can't believe that it's been all this time and i still have never really met you (other than the brief hand-shake)...but yet, i feel like i know you...i guess it's b/c of the way, through your blog, through olivia's blog, and through her coming to me with yall's precious story--the trust of sharing...that i feel like i just know you like i know olivia...as if my relationship with olivia never existed without her & you being "yall"...anyway, i say all of this to let you know that i am so incredibly thankful for the way that GOD has orchestrated you into olivia's life--HIS timing, HIS sovereignty, HIS grace is perfect...it just really makes sense when i hear more and more of "yall's" story and then think that JESUS really does "know the plans HE has for YOU"--i can't wait to see how more of "yall's" story unfolds...and i can't wait to hug your neck and tell you, "thank you, brother" for all you have done to inspire olivia to be the woman she is today. i don't know that she would've made it through what yall went through had it been 5 years ago--you are truly a blessing and GOD will repay you for the years the locust have eaten...
because of the cross,
candace banks
p.s...good luck tomorrow!!! :)
p.s.s...remind olivia that little boys give the best hugs!!

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!