Perfect Timing

Several weeks ago I started reading through the New Testament on a 10 week plan. Six days a week I read a few chapters every morning, and on Sundays we went to church. It's actually a plan I designed when I was living in Tanzania, but I felt led to pull it out and do it again. Today is day #1 of the 10th week, the book of Jude, and I think it applies to us today even more than it did when it was first written.


But first, let's back up to last Saturday, 2nd Peter. This was the day Olivia and I met our birthmother, and we were nervous. So many thoughts were racing thorough our minds: what if she doesn't like us?, what if she changes her mind?, what if an asteroid lands on the restaurant before we get there??


What a comfort it was to open to my regular Bible reading a find the perfect encouragement...


"Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, according as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that be these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." (2 Pet 1:2-4)


Immediately I was encouraged. This adoption is in God's hands. It is according to His promises to us. It is designed to make us more like Jesus. It is intended to bring Him glory! Therefore, we will embrace the grace of God and live in the peace He died to give us. For, He has brought us out of sin and death to give us life abundantly.


As for the reading in Jude, it is just as applicable to us as a church as 2 Peter is to my family. I challenge you to read it and I pray you will have eyes to see what Word God has for us therein.


Thanks for continuing to pray for us as we await our Elora!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Bryan, Maggie Morgan here. I just found your blog. I loved getting to know you and Olivia this weekend and will enjoy getting to know you better this way too. I appreciate your faith so much and have re-visited our conversations many times in my mind. I feel God was very much in control directing all our paths last weekend and very present in your Saturday meeting! Am still giving thanks for that and asking Him to continue!

Your verse in Peter intrigues me. A missionary in China wrote those same words to me yesterday and said that on that day when things were difficult, that passage was her comfort. Amazing how universal and far reaching and anointing the Truth is to all!

Love to you from Longview,
Maggie & all

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!