Finding Elora and Discovering Even More

As Olivia's blog readers know, we have finally found Elora. She is due in January, but may well come sooner. Olivia and I are so excited. We got the call on our way to my dad's last weekend in Plano, and this weekend we're going to meet our birthmother. Please pray for us as we travel.

This whole process has been an adventure, and I honestly don't have the words to describe it. But, I know that wouldn't trade it for the world. I'd do some things differently, of course, but I wouldn't change the overall picture. There's just too much blessing in it.

One of the things I've really discovered this week is the depth of Olivia's love and grace for me. I may not seem like a bad guy, but I have had my dark moments and Olivia has been my wingman through them all. We're a team. We pray for each other, fight for each other, call each other to the floor, and sometimes rub each other the wrong way. Yet, each time we have to fight for what God wants in our marriage (no matter who the adversary) we learn more about the power of God's Holy Spirit to work through us. So, I'm pumped that we've found our Elora Cynthia. And, I'm very excited to be learning more about the depth, courage, and grace God has given me in my Olivia.

God gives good gifts, and He gives them in abundance to those with eyes to see his hand.

Comments

The Kilcoynes said…
Congratulations!

So happy for both of you!

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!