Sunday Morning

I love Sunday mornings! Not only is it my only day of real rest, but it's the day I get to spend the most time with my family (God, Olivia, Gracey...). It really is a gift. I know it isn't the original Sabbath (which is Saturday), but it's the day we celebrate as the Lord's. On Sunday, the first day of the week, Jesus rose from the grave. On Sunday, God began His work of creation. On Sunday, we worship with other believers. On Sunday, we come together as the Body of Christ.

I wonder how many of our friends and neighbors have no idea why Sunday is what it is? How many of them don't know why we (generally) take the day off? why some businesses (not enough of them) are closed? why family suddenly becomes more important? I wonder how many of them don't realize that Sunday is all about Jesus? I wonder how many would listen if we would only tell them: Sunday is different.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bryan,
I don't know if you remember me. I worked at PDBC in Abilene back in '99-'00 (Laura Garcia) Something made me "google" your name today. I found your wife's blog and scrolled through it. Then I found yours.

We have also lost babies-two miscarriages and one shortly after birth. We too went through the adoption process. In '04 we were matched and we have a little boy named Will. Adoption is a wonderful thing. We felt the Lord carry us through all those months of waiting and anticipating.

Email me at lagholmes@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!