Update Briefly

Olivia and I are counting down to our summer travels. She is going to MA to meet our new niece and visit our family there, including the irrepressible Ilona. While she's gone I'll be travelling down memory lane as I sort through my old stuff for our upcoming yard sale. Then, we're on our way to Israel (at last!) to visit friends and see where Jesus walked. When we return, we'll have a little time to work on our home here and then Olivia will be gong back to MA to help Cyndi with the girls while our brother in law is in FL training.

I've wanted to write for a couple of days now, but I'm not sure what to say. Therefore, this post will be short and rambling, but HERE, which is also important.

I've begun selling things on Amazon, with Olivia's help, and I'm excited about the income. I have a children's book to publish, but I need the up-front money to make it happen. I'm sure I'll let you know more about that later. In the meanwhile, I've been working a lot, and it's been a difficult adjustment. Most if the time, it doesn't seem to matter how much I work or how hard I struggle to make the ends meet, and then it happens: a surprise blessing, a great day, a spontaneous mini-adventure... something, anything, comes along and brightens my out look. Thanks, Jesus!

I've also been thinking about the past a lot. I'm not sure why, I guess I'm just at that point in life. I'm happy, but tired. I have a nice home, and a borrowed car. I'm busy, but not content with what I do. I'm healthy, but not able to be at my best physically. I love my wife more than I ever knew was possible, even if we don't always like each other. I'm experiencing the tension that makes life such an adventure. Frankly, if it weren't this way we'd be bored, right? So, I'm learning to live out Phil. 4:11, "...I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. "

Comments

Olivia said…
I am so excited about our journey together...it will be anything but boring, I'll tell you that much. Love u!

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!