Mary Did You Know? Dec 14, 2005

Luke 1:54-55: “He has helped his servant Israel, remembering to be merciful to Abraham and his descendants forever, even as he said to our fathers.”

There’s a song that comes to my mind at Christmas. It asks a question of the young mother of Jesus, “Mary, did you know?” Did she know that Jesus would walk on water? Did she know that he would give sight to the blind or calm the storm? Did Mary know that the deaf would hear, the dead would live, and the dumb would speak the praises of the Lamb?

I can’t say how much Mary knew or didn’t know about the future of the baby in her womb as she traveled with her husband Joseph to Bethlehem over 2000 years ago. But, I can tell you from this Scripture that she understood that Jesus was special, that God was her Savior, and that this child was the answer to hundreds of years of promise and prayer. She knew that Jesus was the Son of God. She recognized that he was a miracle. She believed that he was a big deal. I believe that Mary understood that the world would never be the same.

Luke 1:46-47: “And Mary said: ‘My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior…’ ”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!