July 15, 2007

I feel like I have a story in me, and I don't know what it is. I want to write something meaningful (like Eldridge), encompassing (like Tolkien), or creative (like Lewis). I want to create worlds with my words, and describe truth with my thoughts. I want to show God to others through pen and ink (or keyboard and inkjet). I'll bet most of you didn't even know that about me, did you? I want to write, it's the creative part of my being crafted in the image of a creative God. It's like building a communion table, discovering a praise song, or painting a landscape. For my wife, I think it's capturing emotion in the photo of a face or hands in a way that makes people stop and turns their minds toward God. For me, it's words. I like to build and sing and paint, but the thing that would really thrill my soul would be to do all of these things through prose. I do it all the time in my mind, in my dreams, and in my praise. Now, I want to do it for an audience. It's as the prophet said, "a fire burning in me." Trouble is, I don't have the time. I've got too many other things going on. They're good things, but by the time I get as many done as I can in a day (not the whole list!) I'm fried. I can't do anymore. The past few nights I've imagined coming in here and trying to create my world, but it seems like too big a task. Narnia wasn't built in a day. Anyway, I've got to go. Thanks for listening. God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caption Contest!

Gone

100 Days of Micah!